Monday, November 11, 2013

Shine Bright Like a Diamond

Throughout the past year, my involvement with Beachbody has afforded me the opportunity to do a good amount of traveling (which I love). I am fortunate to be a part of an amazing team of individuals who are passionate about helping people and using Beachbody as an avenue to do that. We interact with each other TONS through various forms of social media, text, and weekly calls but since we’re spread throughout the country, it’s rare to get together – when we do, it’s GREAT! As clichĂ© as it may sound, they’ve quickly become like family to me.

Success Club Conference and Celebration (Orlando, FL)
Last March, I was lucky enough to accompany Coby Linder and four other LEANation coaches to the Success Club Trip to Orlando, Florida. While there we were spoiled with a packed schedule of events, trainings, sunrise workouts with Shaun T at Epcot, a trip to Disney World and Animal Kingdom and tons of amazing opportunities to meet and learn from some of the top coaches in the company. During the time at Disney I fell deeper in love with my team, with Beachbody, and with the potential that I realized could be unlocked both from a business standpoint and with the impact I could have on people.



Coach Summit (Las Vegas, NV)
Every July, Beachbody Coaches from all over the country (and Canada) meet up for one EPIC weekend known as Coach Summit. There are training sessions led by corporate, presentations by top coaches, recognition events, workouts with ALL of the Beachbody celebrity trainers, and again TONS of opportunities to network and meet fellow coaches. I attended my first Summit in LA in 2011 where Coby Linder and I watched people’s success be recognized and he told me “I’m gonna be up on that stage.” This year, as I watched him get recognized in front of thousands of coaches, it brought a tear to my eye. I have Coby to thank for being a huge part of my journey with Beachbody for the past few years and I couldn't be more proud of the success he's achieved and the lives he's touched already. 

Ok, back to Summit.. this year it was in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand – ironically enough the same weekend as EDC so it was an interesting cross section with kids partying their faces off and getting home as we were waking up for our sunrise workouts. This year I qualified to attend a poolside White Party at Wet Republic and was invited to the Star Diamond Reception at Haakasan; both events were such a great time! Another highlight was the sunrise Super Workout that featured all of Beachbody’s celebrity trainers in one massively epic workout: Chalene Johnson, Tony Horton, Shaun T, Debbie Seibers, and Leandro Carvahlo to name a few. It was a sweaty mess of a good time! The energy at events like Summit is electric and there's no way to leave an event like that NOT super excited about the company, products, programs, and potential. 

Super Sunday (Dallas, TX)
Goodbyes are always tough with our LEANation family, because it is so rare that we see one another. We text daily, check in on facebook often, but sometimes you just need a big ol’ hug. Since we’re spread across the country, a few of us decided to travel to the epicenter of successful Beachbody coaches this September – Dallas, TX to attend Superstar Diamond Coach Christine Dwyer’s Super Sunday event. Super Saturday (or in this case Sunday) is a quarterly training event that gives an opportunity for networking, learning, and getting great information from both corporate and network leaders. We even got to try a sneak-peek P90x3 workout, which was a 30-minute butt kicker; I can’t wait to get it when it’s released in December. Coby lives in Dallas so it was fun to see him and his neighborhood, plus hang out with a couple of other CREW coaches, including its' founder: Jimmy Hays Nelson. 

Krewe de Crew Diamond Trip (New Orleans, LA)
This trip meant so much more to me than I can express. Before I tell you about all the fun… I have a lot of people to thank for making it  happen – each of my coaches who put their trust in me (let’s get you on the trip next year), Champ (for his unwavering support of my Diamond dream), Coby Linder (whose leadership and motivation I appreciate more than I can express) and of course Kelly and Jimmy Nelson (who planned a wonderful weekend and spoiled us rotten – thank you for all you do for the entire Crew, and for including me on this very exclusive trip, and especially your diamonds)

Alright, now for the trip… After what was potentially the worst travel experience of my life (overbooked connection, luggage didn’t make it to me until Sunday early morning, etc) I was met at the hotel with a huge hug and a couple tears from Jacqueline Beley. There’s no better feeling than a reunion hug and I got LOTS of those this weekend. After getting all checked in and quickly throwing myself together we were whisked away to an amazing party at Kelly’s parents house. They prepared gumbo, etouffee, and boiled 20lbs of shrimp and enough crab to feed a small village. We got lessons on how to eat the crab, laughed, talked, and then got knowledge dropped on us by some of our FANTASTIC guests: Mick McAlister, Lauren Knight, Tommy Mygrant, and Senior VP of Global Sales Jeff Hill. If you don’t know who those people are – Google them. They’re a big effing deal in the Beachbody community. Saturday morning we crammed our hotel “fitness center” to do a T25 workout (that effectively offset the beignets, right?) before heading out on a Steamboat Lunch Cruise. The food was great, the company was better and the views were unreal. Couldn’t have asked for a more authentic New Orleans experience. Afterward, we headed to CafĂ© Du Monde and got some HOT FRESH beignets which were just as delicious as I remembered. We walked around the French Quarter and down Bourbon Street, stopping along the way to dance and enjoy the street performers. While the Star Diamond coaches enjoyed what sounded like an AMAZING dinner (I'll be there next year), we stayed around Bourbon Street and popped into a couple of places with great live music, met up with the others, and danced the night away. Flying out of Baton Rouge was not only cheaper, but gave me a great opportunityto get to know a couple of the other coaches from The Crew. Adrienne welcomed us into her gorgeous home, where her husband made us Shakeology for an afternoon snack (gotta love Beachbody coach hospitality) before heading to the airport. I am buzzing with excitement, have a laundry list of action items and hundreds of photos to remind me of the amazing times with even more amazing people.

Being a Beachbody coach gets better and better with each event, experience, and day that passes. It's changed my life physically, financially, and I'm inspiring others to do the same. I am so thankful to be a part of such a motivated team that knows how to work hard and party harder. Love all my Crew family and can't wait until next time. #deliverhope

No comments:

Post a Comment