Wednesday, February 4, 2015

#weddingwednesday Bridal Showers

Let's talk Bridal Showers: Where'd you have it? What'd you do? Games? Gifts? Food? Beverage? Let's hear it!

  • Cassidy Sanderson I had mine at my moms! We had our neighbor teach us to make sushi! We had sake drinks that were great. We played a who said game, example first date. you and champ would answer, MOH would then put together a sheet and guests are asked to guess who said what. There were gifts off registry. It was fun!
  • Veronica Perez You are not asking ....as a guest to many showers ....opening gifts is the most borrowing part of the shower- either avoid or make it interactive by playing a game. The co-ed showers have been the funniest- guys played games too.
  • Todd Hernandez Sad to report I never had one...
  • Vickie Wagenaar Yes, yes, guest experiences are JUST as interesting - things you love as a guest, things you roll your eyes at... SPILL!
  • Kristin Zanjani Make sure you register for things people can afford or else you're gonna get a lot of crap you don't need. People love to buy new couples "stuff". This maybe isn't a shower tip but still VIP
  • Kristin Zanjani Yes opening gifts is the slowest worst. I'd rather get a thank you card that personally mentioned my gift to you. Take the gifts home and open them with Champ and both your moms when you're relaxed and can enjoy the experience. Otherwise it goes by so fast and you don't know who got you what.
  • Trisha Lyall We played gift bingo and people were then excited to see what you get because it benefits them too.
  • Cassidy Sanderson Themed showers are always fun, stock the bar, or kitchen party. so all gifts have to be in that theme. just an idea. I thought about it too late in the game. we also did a date thing. popsicle sticks and people wrote date ideas on them
  • Megan Bay My friend had a lingerie shower! Much more fun watching her open lingerie than a bunch of household items.
  • Shana Hooker My shower was at my mom in laws house, hosted by my mom, mom in law and sisters in law. It was brunch/lunch, games, gifts...pretty traditional and so much fun! Mimosas, margaritas, salads, sandwiches, desserts, etc to eat. Lots of flowers, pictures of me and the honey and of course toilet paper bridal gowns!
  • Shana Hooker Oh and no boys allowed! 
  • Lisa Marie Anderson Just had mine! My moms friend hosted and it was a brunch:) it was way more for my mom than for me but it was a nice day...I hate game so they only played one-kind of a version of the newlywed game and they had me open my gifts there but we hustled threw it....we got Some things on our list and Some and some random stuff as well but overall it was fairly painless:)
  • Brittany Amborn I had two. One hosted by each side of the family, my way of avoiding having a HUGE shower and it did help gift opening go much faster. Very similar to Shana's. Brunch, a few drinks and socializing. I personally loathe games and didn't want any. My sist...See More
  • Madeline Longo Brunch!!! Mine was at a venue!!! Instead of opening gifts you can ask people to wrap them in clear wrapping so you and your guests can still see it all. I had games, but I don't remember what they were..... Lol
  • Vickie Wagenaar OMG Clear wrap, brilliant Madeline Longo
  • Jamie Morris So proper etiquette states that yes you have to open gifts plus you need the ribbons to make your rehearsal bouquet  my shower is being hosted by my bridal party in one of their homes. It's technically a lingerie shower but I made a very small reg of items from bb&b for people that may not be in to that lol. But I did not include our regular registry info. Other than that mine is sat sooo... All I know is I'm very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment