Wednesday, August 19, 2015

#weddingwednesday The Music


Music is such a personal and important part of your wedding day. Champ and I collaborated on most of the musical choices, but I loved how much they meant to us - even if everyone else paid no mind. Here's some highlights: 

Champ Processional: "Soul Man" The Blues Brothers
Yes, that happened. He wanted a processional song, and this was what he chose. 

#teamwags Processional: "First Day of My Life" Bright Eyes
From the first time I heard this song, I knew I wanted it played at my wedding. I had each of the girls hold a frame that told an important event in our love story, so this felt like the perfect accompaniment. 
Bride Processional: "American Beauty" Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors. 
This was one of the only surprises that I had from Champ and things (besides my dress) that I chose without his input. It was a really tough choice with a lot of directions I could've gone. This one felt perfect and it was.
Recessional: "Alive" Empire of the Sun. 
After being pronounced husband and wife, this was the song we chose to strut out to (while getting pelted with paper airplanes). If you ask either of us now, this is what we would consider our song. 
First Dance: "Flowers in Your Hair" Lumineers
We didn't want the typical everyone-stand-around-and-watch type of first dance so I let Champ pick the song and we decided to just have fun with it, invite everyone to join us and get the boogie-ing started. 
Mother-Son Dance: "The Way You Look Tonight" Frank Sinatra
A classic song for a light-hearted but very special dance shared with Mama Champ. 
Father-Daughter Dance: "Your Joy" Chrisette Michele
This song was the idea of my sister, Lizzy. The words make me cry everytime I hear them (including during the very special dance with Bobby Dub). Perfection. 
Last Song of the Night: "Turn Down for What" DJ Snake, Lil Jon
...because Journey and Ke$ha were the only two things on the "do not play" list

Sparkler Exit: "You Always Make Me Smile" Kyle Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment