Monday, June 13, 2011

It's Called a Break-up because It's Broken

So, this book was recommended to me by a superfox in my workout group at my gym who unknowingly opened up can of worms one day when she asked me how G was.. Her timing was less than ideal (no fault of her own) and I borderline (ok, not even borderline) lost it before our workout. She messaged me later in the day with the kindest words and a recommendation to read a book called "It's Called a Break-up because it's Broken". I'd heard of it before, but never thought I was the kind of person who needed to read a "self-help" book. Clearly what I'd been doing wasn't working so I bought it on Amazon and within a week of recieving it, I'd finished the book and loved it! I wouldn't say that it changed my entire outlook on life, but it absolutely was a supplementary push that I needed to remind myself of some very obvious things. I definitely took from it a dose of reality as well as some sage advice and tips of how to turn a breakup into a breakover. Reminding myself of my worth and ambition, as well as finding a healthy outlet for all of this newfound time (100 Workouts of Summer) coupled with reading this book have given me a fresh outlook; I feel excitement for future and what it may hold. Someone once told me "Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." Boom.

 Here's a collection of some of my favorite quotes from the book:

The person you loved took a good long look at the awesomeness that is you, evaluated you relationship together, and said "No, thanks. I'll try my luck elsewhere"

He is the past.  You are the future.

His regrets or lack thereof are exactly that - his... and not even the best little black cocktail dress can change that. (I beg to differ, the little black cocktail dress helps :))

You can love your friends.. you can love your family.. you can even love every stray dog or stray drummer that crosses our path. HOWEVER, youhave to learn how to love yourself, like yourself, and put yourself first before you will ever find the healthy, loving and lasting relationship that you've been looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment