Saturday, June 25, 2011

Lean With Linder

I've known Coby Linder for a few years and I've been lucky enough to get to know him a little bit better over the past couple. I've grown to admire and respect him greatly. Not only is he the drummer of one of my favorite bands (Say Anything), but he was the person who initially sparked my interest in p90x and Shakeology which led me to joining the Beachbody family. I turn to him for advice, motivation and a dose of reality from time to time. He is a great resource and I'm lucky to call him a friend.

Coby has made an amazing transformation, both physically and otherwise, using Beachbody programs like p90x and Insanity, drinking Shakeology, and focusing on his diet and exercise. He shares his knowledge with others on his blog Lean With Linder.. (Check it out, great stuff)

Anyway.. while hanging out with Coby at Beachbody Coach Summit last week and discussing some of my health goals he suggested that, in addition to restarting Insanity, I take a closer look at my diet.

First of all, he suggested that I cut out alcohol. While I don't consume alcohol as regularly as people might assume, I do consume a decent amount when there's an event or reason to do so. I realize that this excessive consumption, even when it's sporadic, is not aligned with my health goals. So, I have decided.. that during the duration of my 60 day Insanity program I will stay away from the booze. Much to Coby's chagrin I WILL be giving myself ONE cheat day (Saturday, July 16th) but if I can go the rest of the two months without it, that'd make leaps and bounds of progress. He also made suggestions for portions, timing of meals and suggested meals that are nutritious and delicious. He explained to me the best time of day to get carbs, protein, and fats and in what form.

After taking a set of humbling before photos, I began Insanity yesterday and coupled it with what I'm calling my Lean With Linder lifestyle. (I don't like to think of it as a diet, because that seems fleeting and restrictive). To begin the 60 days, I'm going to stick pretty religiously to the meals that I've seen Coby eat. I figure I should be super structured while I go through this entry phase, then branch out to make my own responsible food choices.

In the words of Coby: "The first week is always the hardest. Once you’re past that barrier you are unstoppable. You won’t regret making the changes in your life. Practice and repeat and they become your life. Now go eat some spinach :)"

Here's yesterday's meal breakdown

So Coby, thanks for putting time and energy into me. I appreciate and value you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment