Tuesday, August 23, 2011

3-day Shakeology Cleanse


Time for a quick review of my most recent 3-day Shakeology cleanse.

I love Shakeology, I'm in the home stretch of a 60-day fitness challenge and I'm always up for an exercise in self-control so it seemed like a great opportunity to complete the 3-day Shakeology cleanse. (I modified it slightly, in an attempt to allow myself to remain active throughout) Here's a snapshot of my daily diet:

Breakfast: 1/2 Chocolate Shakeology w/ Ice, Water, Peanut Butter* and Banana
Morning Snack: Plain Oatmeal and Egg Whites
Lunch: Chocolate Shakeology w/ Ice, Water, and Peanut Butter*
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Salad w/ Chicken or Fish and veggies (lite balsamic vinagrette)
2-4 liters of water
*Peanut Butter is not in the recommended cleanse outline

Here was my actual caloric intakes for the three days as well as the exercise that I completed (I had to add an extra snack Monday before dinner so I could rally myself to go workout)
Sat: 861 calories, Crossfit Inspired Workout (net: 703)
Sun: 794 calories, Zumba Class & AbRipperX (net: 408)
Mon: 909 calories, Junkyard Gym (net: 513)

As you can tell by these numbers, this cleanse is NOT recommended to last longer than 3 days and shouldn't be done more than once per quarter. My energy levels on day 1 and 2 were fairly constant; I worked out in the morning and I was feeling pretty good throughout those workouts (even set a personal best in a gym-based challenge on Sat morning). Monday was rough, I was energetic throughout my work day but at around 2pm I crashed, I was literally dragging my feet through the grocery store to buy more spinach for dinner. I thought about throwing caution to the wind, grabbing Oreos & Peanut Butter and going to town right there in aisle 8.. luckily I have lots of accountability partners who empathized and reminded me what an accomplishment it would be to complete the cleanse.

As I stepped on the scale this morning, I was glad I chose not to gorge on the Oreos and Peanut Butter (however, now that the cleanse is done, perhaps.... no! nevermind) Here were my official results:
Difference in weight after 3-day Shakeology Cleanse: 5 pounds

Difference in measure of  'tummy' after 3-day Shakeology Cleanse: 2 inches

Now, I do realize that these dramatic measures are a majority of water weight, but realistically the cleanse isn't all about weight loss. It's about cleansing my body of built up toxins as well as challenging myself both physically and mentally. I'm proud of myself. If you are interested in trying a cleanse yourself, please contact me for more information or visit myshakeology.com/vickiewags

Also, my Beachbody Coach Tiffster has created a website about her Shakeology cleanse (and a 10-day modified cleanse that I'd eventually like to try someday) Visit her website if you're interested in learning more 3dayshakecleanse

1 comment:

  1. Vicki, what a great modification and I think more and more may work with how you modified it and still get results, congratulations to you!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete