Saturday, March 5, 2011

Beauty School Haircut

Last weekend, well let's be honest, the last few weeks.. I've noticed that my hair was beginning to look like a lion's mane (not in a good way). My ends were fried and in the past I've been pretty picky (cheap) about who I let cut my hair because I want to keep the length while still getting an affordable (paid for my mom) haircut. With a trip to SCV nowhere in the foreseeable future, I decided that it was time for me to bite the bullet and get myself a damn haircut.

So, I did what any thrifty (cheap) twenty-something would do. I typed "Cheap Haircut" into Yelp! and out came 154 reviews for the Academy for Salon Professionals. I've heard of people getting their hair done at beauty schools before, with no glaring reviews one way or the other.. after reading some of the reviews, realizing that the haircut would set me back $10, the decision was made. I called and was able to get a 7:30 appointment that night.

When I arrived they made me sign a contract of sorts saying that I realize that I'm basically putting my hair in the hands of students (under supervision of a teacher). I had a consultation with my hairdresser Sandra who couldn't have been sweeter. She explained to me that it would take a while because her teacher had to come check in at three different times during the appointment - not like I cared, all I would've been doing was watching more Dexter on my couch. We discussed my cut, she drew some pictures, we got the sign-off and we went for the shampoo. Throughout the cut, her teacher checked in and even came and did a few cuts herself to even it out. When all was said and done I was very pleased with the end result. $10 well spent.
 
 The Academy of Salon Professionals is located at 2238 East El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95050. Appointments can be made by calling (408) 261-9201 and is open Tue,Fri-Sat 9am-5pm; Wed 10am-9pm; Thu 9am-9pm

1 comment:

  1. I commented on this and it disappeared! Your haircut looks good and so healthy! Yay for cheap haircuts! Sometimes they have groupon haircut deals, too!

    ReplyDelete