Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Chocolate Shakeo Almond Butter Cups

Shakeology contains more than 70 ingredients from pea protein to goji berry, chlorella to flax, sacha inchi to coconut flower nectar. It is not only a powerful accelorator for weight loss, but it can help you fight disease. I drink Shakeology every morning; it gives me energy, boosts my metabolism, improves my digestion, provides me with my daily multivitamin while tasting delicious. I recently discovered that there's an entire world of "cooking" with Shakeology.

I have to thank John Hayes for the idea to make Shakeology Peanut Butter Cups. I'm not the best at "just winging it", so I asked The Google to help me compare existing recipes and figure out ingredient proportions. Using what I already had around the house, as well as the inspiration of the research, I decided to give it a whirl. Here's my rendition (which turned out fantastic, if I do say so myself):

Chocolate Shakeology Almond Cups

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil
1 scoop (or 4 tbsp) Chocolate Shakeology
4 teaspoons Almond Butter (I used crunchy, but this is a personal preference)
4 mini cupcake liners

Directions:
1. In a small microwaveable bowl, melt 2 tbsp coconut oil. (about 30 seconds)
2. Add Chocolate Shakeology and stir until mixed thoroughly.
3. In cupcake liners, pour about 1 tsp chocolate mixture, to cover the bottom of the liner.
4. Add 1 tsp almond butter to center of chocolate.
5. Pour remainder to coat the tops of each cup.
6. Place in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes.
7. Enjoy!

The only change I might make to the recipe is that I think it could realistically make 5 or 6 cups, which would change the nutritional values and decrease it's caloric load.  

If you try the recipe, please comment and let me know what you think. 

Contact me if you are interested in trying Shakeology

1 comment: