Friday, March 15, 2013

The Firefly Project: Rose Wagenaar

There’s really not a way to do my mother justice, but I’ll try. She has always provided an example for me of what a loving wife, a caring mom, and a loyal friend should look like. I have always felt supported by Mama Rose, but in recent years I’ve been lucky enough to strengthen an amazing friendship with her as well. My mom has stuck with me through thick and really thin - she always finds a kind word to say or has a compassionate shoulder to cry on when I’m going through a trying time. She has a kind soul and a vibrant energy around her. Her unconditional love and unwavering support are things that I do not take for granted. She endorses and takes interest in all things that I place value on, whether professionally, personally, or in my relationship. She places a huge importance on family, and although we are sprinkled throughout the country - her consistent contact helps to keep our bond strong. She has made a huge effort to visit me in my Northern California homes, and will find any excuses to cruise up for the weekend - whether it’s an event at school or a girls weekend in Napa. Mama Rose is always up for an adventure. This past summer I got the chance to travel with her to Europe; she not only took on a huge portion of the organizing but she brought me and my sister to places that she had visited decades earlier and introduced us to family and traditions that meant the world to her. It was such a touching and memorable experience, one that I will never forget. I love my mom for a million reasons, no blog could begin to scratch the surface - but I hope to someday be as fantastic as she is in so many ways. 
As a mother, wife, coworker, and friend - you make the world a brighter place.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment