Monday, March 25, 2013

The Firefly Project: Coby Linder

Coby has been a part of my life for over a decade, but in recent years our relationship has evolved from rockstar/fan to one where I consider him not only a coach and a mentor, but a friend. When I met Coby, he was a drummer for one of my favorite bands: Say Anything. Through the wonders of AOL Instant Messager, Coby and I formed a friendship. We reconnected a few years ago over the common bond of Beachbody; we had both begun journeys to a healthier life by getting involved with Beachbody’s products and programs. I met up with Coby in LA for Coach Summit in 2011 - we sat next to one another while hearing informative and motivational talks from inspiring individuals including founder and CEO Carl Daikler. Coby was one of the first people to take a personal interest in helping me figure out how to maximize my workouts by tweaking my diet and figuring out my “why”. His passion for health and fitness was infectious and his willingness to help me, even though it benefited him in no way whatsoever, was inspiring. Years later, I am lucky enough to be working with Coby and the rest of the LEANATION team to help people find happier, healthier lives. His selfless, and genuine demeanor motivate me whenever we talk. He makes the world brighter each and everyday; he has touched many lives through various avenues and this is my small way of sharing my admiration for him. 
Coby, you make the world a brighter place.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment