Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Comfort Food

According to Webster's Dictionary, the term "comfort food" was first used in 1977 to refer to foods that are consumed to achieve an improved emotional status. Comfort foods may have a nostalgic element either to an individual or a specific culture. Some of the top ranking comfort foods are: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, Macaroni and Cheese, Chili, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Meatloaf, Apple Pie, Tuna Casserole and Spaghetti.
 .
My comfort food? Chocolate Chip Pancakes. This may seem strange, and there are definitely foods that I love more, but this food will ALWAYS remind me of my childhood and my amazing parents. When I was younger I was a VERY picky eater. My diet mainly consisted of grilled cheese and chicken fingers so when the idea of pancakes were introduced, I vehemently refused unless they were laced with chocolate chips. (Because mom and dad loved me so, they complied) To this day, this simple breakfast food can put a smile on my face.

So, what's your comfort food?

2 comments:

  1. You were a picky eater? I never would have guessed! My comfort food is bread, I love bread! And pasta, I like that, too. Maybe anything in the carbohydrate category would suffice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bread lover too...baked goods in general :) Nothing like homemade bread hot from the oven. Chocolate chip pancakes are pretty awesome too! We eat a lot of chocolate chips in my house :)

    ReplyDelete