Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Beachbody Ultimate Reset: My Results

Well, I did it. I completed the 21-day Beachbody Ultimate Reset. I feel happier and healthier than I did 21 days ago and have noticed many favorable changes, both physically and emotionally. I can now wholeheartedly recommend this cleanse to anyone who is looking to lose weight, lose inches, change eating habits and improve overall health.

Not only did I have a satisfying physical transformation, but I feel like I took so much more with me.
Shopping, planning, and prepping all of the meals helped me gain confidence in my culinary skills (Champ didn't mind the break either) My taste buds have been introduced some new foods, and many recipes that I will make again post-reset. My willpower was tested with things like warm Stan's doughnuts in the Staff Room, and treats at both a Baby Shower and a Book Club - but I stayed the course.

My Results
So you want to know my final results? My measurements are done and I'd love to share!
I knew I'd lost some weight/inches because I literally don't have a pair of jeans that fits without a belt, but it's always a bonus when the numbers validate the way you feel/see yourself.

I lost a total of 9.2 pounds, 
8 total inches - 1/2" off each bicep, 2" off my chest, 1" off my waist, 2" off my hips, 1/2" off each thigh, 1/2" off each calf  
and my BMI went from 21.4% to 18%

(Here is a photo comparison on Day 1, Day 7, and Day 21.)

Grocery Cost
Some people have asked how much groceries cost for a program like this. Since Champ and I completed the Reset together, my costs reflect what you would pay for a couple.
My total grocery bills for the entire cleanse was $474.69. Week 1 was the most expensive since it included buying staples for the pantry that are used throughout the cleanse. All of my shopping was done at our local Farmers Market, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, and local asian market. When you consider that this budgets provides 3 organic, substantial and delicious meals and 1 snack per day for 2 people, it works out to between $3-4/meal. I did not buy any prepackaged meals, and created everything as the Program Guide lays it out. There is a "Crunch Page" available for people who are trying to simplify menus or are short on prep time, I would imagine this would help to save money as well.


For anyone interested - I will be starting a new Ultimate Reset group on March 4th. If you are interested and have three weeks to commit, please contact me. I'd love to coach you through it and get you connected to our accountability group - complete with online support, weekly phone calls, and all the help you could need.

1 comment:

  1. Did you have any problems transitioning back to "normal" food? Like meat, dairy, etc?

    ReplyDelete