Monday, February 25, 2013

The Firefly Project: Jennifer Kontich

Jennifer is a friend who is constantly impressing me, both personally and professionally. While I met Jennifer down at Cal Poly, we didn’t really connect until we were both working in Santa Clara and further strengthened our friendship while going through a Masters Program together at San Jose State. On a professional level, Jennifer is a competent, dedicated, and enthusiastic teacher - she loves her job and she not only excels in the classroom, but has taken on more extra responsibilities in her years of service than most. As a graduate classmate and part of our cohort, Jennifer proved herself to be motivated, organized, and thorough - a perfect balance for an “orange” like me. I didn’t think anyone loved “To Do” lists as much as me until I met Jennifer.

On a personal level, she is an amazing friend who I feel fortunate to have in my life. Both Jennifer and her husband are an absolute blast to be around - they cut a rug harder than any married couple I know. Jennifer is active, loves the outdoors, and does a seemingly effortless job of balancing friends spread geographically throughout the greater Bay Area as well as consistently making time for her family and in-laws. Jennifer is currently pregnant with what will undoubtedly be an incredibly active little girl; she is going to make a fantastic mother. I can’t wait to have a mini version of her running around. 


Jennifer, you make the world a brighter place.

No comments:

Post a Comment