Friday, February 15, 2013

The Firefly Project: Emil Tchalamov

Today’s firefly is a Emil Tchalamov. 

Emil is a trainer at my gym who not only brings enjoyment and humor to every workout he leads, but shows a genuine interest in each individual who passes through the facility’s doors. He has a great work ethic and an even better sense of humor (whether he means to or not). Once, he shared with me all of the strange Bulgarian "medical remedies" that he used to do when he was younger - I wish I would've written them down. He is highly quoteable ("go home, eat some protein and veggies and come back tomorrow.") and his direct, no-nonsense approach to coaching really motivates me to push myself harder than I would independent of him. While I can’t speak to every aspect of Emil’s life, I can tell that he is a caring husband and an amazingly supportive dad. He published a blog a few weeks ago talking about how Parents Always Lead By Example, it was both heartfelt and inspiring. After having a couple interactions with Emil’s adorable daughter, it's easy to tell he’s setting a good one. 

Emil, with your enthusiastic demeanor and great sense of humor - you make the world a brighter place.


No comments:

Post a Comment